
So, I'll admit it. I was a little sad last night packing Mackenzie's first school lunch. I was a nervous wreck this morning before dropping her off to a classroom full of strangers. I was preparing myself for lots of tears and a death grip around my legs.
My little girl on the other hand, went to bed last night excited to see her teachers. She woke up with a smile and carried her backpack out the front door with pride. She walked into school, hung up her backpack and even posed for a picture. After hugs and kisses, she walked right over to the toys and started playing with her new friends!
I could not be more proud of her! I would have never in a million years guessed that drop off would have gone so perfectly! Who knew that turning 3 would be so different? Mackenzie's favorite part of the day was playing outside on the playground, eating lunch at school and singing songs! When I asked her if she had fun she replied "Mommy, I went to preschool today and I didn't even cry. I'm a big girl now!" She is already looking forward to returning next week and learning all about Fall!
Here's a few pics of my little school girl this morning, at drop off and at pick up! Her teachers said she did a great job today. She learned about the animals on Noah's Ark, learned about Apples, used alpahabet stamps and even did a little finger painting! Looking forward to a wonderful school year...and a little Mommy time too!









So glad that it went so well. That was exactly how it went for Madison and I too was shocked. I hope you enjoy your "me time"...I know I do!
ReplyDelete