Friday, June 8, 2012

Caps, Gowns and Preschool Dreams




My sweet girl is officially a Kindergartner!  I can't believe how quickly time flies!  A few weeks ago her school held an outdoor graduation a local park/pavillion.  Complete with cap, gown, diploma and performances. 

The Preschool graduating class of 2012 entered the stage with nothing less than the traditional Pomp and Circumstance.  Each child's name was called and after receiving their diploma they went center stage to announce on the microphone their future goals.  Mackenzie was the first to go.  I was a little nervous since she can be really shy in front of large crowd.  However, she did amazing!  She walked confidently to the microphone and announced in a loud voice "when I grow up, I want to  be a pediatrician."  (Someone please remind me in the future not to shoot pictures and videos at the same time.  Somehow I always manage to take a picture and disrupt the video at the worst time possible:).

waiting for the ceremony to begin
Walking onto stage while Pomp and Circumstance plays in the background.  :) 


                                                                      My little performer

Valedictorian Speech  :)

                                                       Signing the ABC's in sign language:


Reciting the days of the week in French:


Receiving her diploma and sharing her future aspirations...

(in case you missed it, which I'm sure you did b/c I took a photo in the middle of her speech "when I grow up I want to be a pediatrician").

Can you tell that these graduates are DONE with photos and ready to hit the after party? :)-
                                          
After the graduation ceremony, there was a super sweet slideshow set to music.  The teachers had asked families in advance to provide them with pictures from their child's life since birth.  Seeing my sweet baby girl's life literally flash before me on the big screen definitely brought a tear to my eye.  Time truly does fly! 



Following graduation, we took lots of pictures, enjoyed some cake and snacks and then headed back to our house for dinner with the family!  It was a night we will all remember through the years and we couldn't be more proud of our sweet girl! 

                                                              My kindergartner
                                                                Flowers from Daddy
Family Photos (minus Caleb who we opted to keep at daycare so we could enjoy the ceremony without interruptions:).





Graduation party at home!



Way to go Mackenzie and Goddard Preschool/Kindergarten class of 2012!  Sweet girl, we are so excited for you to begin your academic journey and know you will do great! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.