



Mackenzie's new bed was delivered this past Tuesday (bedside table to be delivered late next week). She was sleeping in her crib for her afternoon nap when the delivery man dropped it off. With the help of my sweet sister Emily, we got it all set up and moved against the wall. I offered to Mackenzie the choice of sleeping in her new big girl bed that night at bedtime. To my surprise, she wanted to and after a few bedtime stories, she was out...ALL NIGHT...and until 8:45 a.m.!! (She typically wakes up b/t 7 and 7:30 so this was a wonderful treat!)
I have to admit, I had been worried about the transition and have had visions of her getting in and out of bed and running wild (not that her own Mother did this as a child!) But she has done fabulous! She goes down without any resistance and we don't hear a single peep from her ALL night. She is even sleeping in a bit longer in the morning, since the sun does not pour through her window, in her new bedroom! I am so proud of my little girl, and I have to admit a bit sad. The other night, out of habit, I walked into her nursery, to find her crib empty and the scent of her gone. I flashed back to all the nights of holding and rocking my little baby girl. I have walked into that room, in the middle of the night, half asleep, more times that I can count. Kind of sad to think that I now will have to train myself to go into her new room. She is no longer my little baby. She no longer needs a crib or her mommy to rock her in her rocking chair. She is my big girl, in a big girl bed, growing and changing before my eyes each day.

I was sad when transitioning the kids to big beds. Taylor never used a toddler bed nor did Caleb. Madison however slept in her crib until she was 3 and then moved into a toddler bed for a year before getting a new big girl bed. All 3 of ours loved the big beds and didn't get up numerous times when we moved them. Glad you are having the same good luck :)
ReplyDelete