
Mackenzie is almost 2 1/2... my little baby is now a "big Gir" as she likes to pronounce it! In an attempt to raise a responsible toddler, we are working on our please and thank you's, ordering meals at restraunts, cleaning up toys, putting our plate in the sink after eating and helping out around the house! Yes, that's right, our 2 year old has chores.
I have noticed lately that Mackenzie will drop her toys to come help unload the dishwasher. I am always looking for some good help these days, so I thought to myself, why not take it, even if it is from a 2 year old? True, she needs lots of direction and it takes a LOT longer for her to complete tasks, but she is learning to be a responsible member of the Buzzard household and I am all for it! Studies do show that kids with chores grow up to be more responsible members of society and better students. . . so we are starting early.
Mackenzie sees unloading the dishwasher as more of a fun sorting game. She is typically in charge of putting the silverware away (minus the steak knives. .. I'm not that crazy!). She takes great care in making sure the forks, spoons, butter knives, and serving utinsels are in the correct spot. I couldn't ask for a better helper!

Today Mackenzie and Mommy went to "Cookie Cutters" a kid-friendly hair salon to get a trim. Inside they have their very own jungle gym and slide. Children get to pick their own fancy seat to sit in (fire truck, ambulance, race car, etc.) and a movie to watch. Mackenzie picked the race car and a Disney Movie, as she sat still for her trendy little trim.

Sadly, after this haircut, she is looking more and more like a little girl. I'm not too sure how I feel about this. . . yes I am, it's terrible. Bring back my little, quiet, cuddly baby!

Our kids too have chores. Granted the "baby" who is 3 1/2 doesn't do as much as the other but she is learning to pull her weight around the house so to speak :) I think it is good for them to help out that way they see what it takes to keep things in order. My little one likes to help with the laundry. Sadly those haircuts have a way of making them look older instantly :( It is especially true w/ boys....Caleb's 1st haircut turned him from a sweet baby (he was 1) to a big boy in a matter of minutes!
ReplyDelete